Information Technology professional with over 8+ years experience and a continuous drive to gain experience. My personal focus is the administration of network and systems to drive business continuity.
My career has evolved from providing basic Level I support in the education industry to working at a Network Operations Center (NOC) as a Level II technician in the banking industry to growing into a System & Network engineer at a digital media company in the film industry in Los Angeles, California.
I have experience working with cross functional teams and have worked on several projects in different countries around the world, one of my past assignments with one of my previous companies was to support the FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014, supporting our infrastructure onsite at the International Broadcast Center (IBC) in Rio de Janeiro.
Most recently I have been working for Google supporting their IT infrastructure across multiple offices in different regions of the world. For more details see my LinkedIn.
Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT)
Puppet Certified Professional 2016
Supporting devices with the following operating systems
- Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 10)
- Windows Server (2008, 2012)
- Linux (Debian/Ubuntu, Redhat/CentOS)
- pfSense (open source firewall distribution based on unix FreeBSD)
- Android and Apple iOS
- Cisco Internetwork Operating System (IOS)
- vmware ESXi
Networking and Infrastructure
- Datacenter deployment (rack & stack)
- Datacenter network deployment and troubleshooting
- Physical cabling installation and troubleshooting (Fiber, Cat5, Cat6)
- Firewall configuration and deployment (using open source pfSense)
- Voice over IP private branch exchange configuration and deployment (Asterisk, freePBX, ISDN Primary Rate Interface Digium E1 card)
- ZFS filesystem, JBOD and RAID (0, 1, 5, 10)
- UPS maintenance and battery replacement
- Wireless access point installation and troubleshooting (802.11)
- Host virtualization (vmware ESXi and Proxmox VE)
- Developed and provided training to coworkers (Splunk training)
- Contributed to operational internal documentation and process existing support process enhancements
- Developed and implemented a process to detect & reduce response time from Distributed Denial of Service attacks against our company