It has been almost a year since that massive reddit post with people freaking out about their TeamViewer accounts getting hacked [link].
Since then I have always wished team viewer would notify my cellphone every time someone connected or disconnected from my workstation, since I am the only user that connects to it I find the peace of mind extremely valuable and I wouldn’t mind getting some push notifications each time I used TeamViewer.
As TeamViewer themselves don’t have this feature I decided to write my own little program that will send instant notifications to any phone for anyone connecting to your workstation using TeamViewer. Say hello to go-TValerts!
I have released my code as open source, written instructions on how to install and implement it. Find out more at github.com/TheLinuxGuy/go-tvalerts
This post is meant to be updated with useful tools for software development. I will only classify the tool and post a link to it, this post will be helpful for someone just starting out in devOps
- Postman: allows to share, test, document & monitor APIs.
- Visual Studio: Windows software development IDE (C#/WPF)
Must have tools
- Git (or Github Desktop or Git for Windows)
- Linux terminal/bash (available on any Mac/Linux machine, for Windows download Git for Windows linked above)
If you are running Webstorm IDE (my version as of writing is 2016.3.2) and you are trying to ‘install from disk’ the Golang plugin and get this error:
You may have tried to upload a .zip version 0.171.XXX and got this error. To fix it:
- Download plugin version (0.13.xxx) just download the latest one that begins with 0.13 (disregard the top of the list that has a version 0.171.xx as they are incompatible with Webstorm.
- Go-0.13.1924.zip is the latest one as of writing.
- After loading the .zip file into the program it should ask to restart Webstorm.
- You should now have successfully installed the Golang plugin on Webstorm IDE… confirm by going to Settings > Plugins
That’s all folks 🙂
You must be logged in to post a comment.